24 Mar 2017
Make the most out of your open home showings. Increase your chances of selling the house; usually, the more viewings you get, the quicker your house sells.
Below are the 9 points you need to consider right before your open home.
- There shouldn’t be any major house cleaning at this point. The only tasks you need to be concerned about are the day to day things; making beds, picking up loose newspaper etc.
- If the season is appropriate, open the window and let some fresh air in.
- Keep the temperature warm and comfortable at all times.
- Turn on the lights before every showing before any prospective buyers arrive.
- Turn off the television and play some soft gentle music.
- Have your pets and children staying with the neighbours or another family member.
- Don’t try to sell the house with words! By this time the house has been prepared for sale let it sell itself and let your agent do the talking.
- Most importantly, do not be present at the showing. It is uncomfortable and difficult for buyers to view the home when the owners are present.
- While you are away from the open home try to resist the urge to phone your agent, just relax and take it easy for a while.
If you would like the help of this real estate agent – here’s what to do:
Call Peter Taliangis on 0431 417 345 or 9330 5277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Licensed Real Estate Agent – Sales and Property Management